A 3 year-long protection can be achieved with vaccination for preventing abdominal typhus.
For whom should it be considered?
- Travelers who travel to epidemic territories
- Those who live with people carrying the bacterium
- Laboratory workers who may have got infected by the bacterium
- Those who live with people diagnosed with abdominal typhus
What kind of vaccinations can be given and how?
Vaccination containing deactivated virus cells:
- Cannot be given under the age of 2
- 1 dose gives sufficient protection and has to be given 1 week prior to travel
- Re-vaccination is suggested in every 3 years
Place an appointment
Wir beraten die Impfung.
Bitte beachten Sie, dass dies nur informative Daten sind.
How long is the protection period?
A 3 year-long protection period can be achieved, after which re-vaccination is suggested.
When is it contraindicated?
- If someone has suffered from severe allergic symptoms after receiving vaccination against abdominal typhus, and in case of any other ongoing severe acute illness
- It’s only recommended for pregnant women in case of significant possible risk of contagion.